Building Inspections Department
Building permits are required for construction of New Residences, Swimming Pools, Spas Fences and other additions.
Plumbing permits are required for all irrigation systems and water heater replacements.
Electrical permits are required for most modifications to electrical systems.
Mechanical permits are required for heating and air-conditioning system installation and replacements.
Please view our Forms/Permits tab for more forms and applications
Please contact Kevin Mercer at 940-728-5050 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Solid Waste / Recycle
Republic Services: 800-333-7301
- Solid waste pick-up will be curbside, on Tuesday and Friday in the blue 95-gallon carts provided by Republic Services.
- Recycle pick-up will be curbside on Thursday in the green 54-gallon carts provided by Republic Services.
- Bulky items collection is twice per week on Tuesday and Friday. Up to 2 cubic yards approximately 3′ x 3′ x 6′ per collection. Brush must be cut to 4′ lengths and tied in bundles. Furniture, boxes, and other household items too big to fit inside your cart, and construction debris (generated from your residence only) will also be collected. Non compactibles like brick, concrete, dirt, composition shingles, etc. must be placed in containers. Containers and bundles must not weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Per the ARC guidelines, trash cans may not be taken to the curb before 6:00 pm the night before and must be returned out of site, by 9:00 am the day following pick-up.
- Republic Services customer service phone number is 1-800-333-7301.
Solid Waste and recycle will be $ 20.00 per residence per month.
Solid Waste and recycle will be included in the monthly water bill.
Household Hazardous Waste
Household hazardous waste can be disposed of at the annual Earth Day event.
Water and Waste Water
Contact Donna Turner : 940-728-5050
Monthly fee for water service is $27.00, which includes the first 1,000 gallons. Volume charge per 1,000 gallons over minimum up to 10,000 gallons $3.30. Volume charge per 1,000 gallons from 10,001 – 20,000 gallons $3.70. Volume charge per 1,000 gallons from 20,001 – 30,000 gallons $4.10. Volume charge per 1,000 gallons from 30,001 – 50,000 gallons $5.00. Volume charge per 1,000 gallons over 50,001 gallons and up $6.50.
Monthly fee for sewer service is $26.00 which includes the first 1,000 gallons. Additional usage will be billed at $3.50 per 1,000 gallons.
Sewage will be billed at $57.00 per month for new residents until a winter average is established. Winter averages are determined each year based upon average flows for December, January and February.
Denton County Fresh Water District 6/7 (Lantana) tax rate $2.8122.
Broken down as follows:
County $ 0.272200
Fresh Water Supply District $1.00
Denton County Tax Assessor: 940-349-3500 or visit their website http://dentoncounty.com/Departments/Tax-Assessor-Collector/